This spicy muffin is basically instant Christmas on the table
Sometimes it feels nice to bring back the memories of previous Christmas celebrations, and not many things are as good to help you evoke memories as smells and tastes are. And if you’d like to have a piece of „instant Christmas nostalgia” during your day, then this easy and spicy muffin can really help you a lot!
This muffin contains all of the flavours that may remind you of Christmas (Photo: pixabay.com / chefjoannabarajas)
When you think of Christmas, one of the first spice to come to your mind is cinnamon. This muffin has lots of cinnamon in it, and it also contains others spices, as well as some candied orange, that makes the taste even more characteristic. And thankfully, you won’t need to stand in the kitchen all day long, because this is really a quick and easy dessert, even beginners van prepare it!
200 grams of all-purpose flour
0,5 cup of sugar
1 cup of liquid honey
150 grams of butter (softened)
3 whole eggs
200 ml milk
3 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of gingerbread spice blend
0,5 additional teaspoon of cinnamon
Zest of a lemon
0,5-1 cup of walnut, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Mix the three eggs with the sugar in a bigger bowl until creamy and light yellow.
3. Add in the flour, the honey, the softened butter, the milk, the spices, the baking powder, the lemon zest, and mix it well.
4. Stir in the walnut and the candied orange.
5. Fill your muffin pan with the batter, but leave some space at the top, because the muffins will come up as they’re baked.
6. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until they smell nice and have a golden brown color. You can also test whether the batter is ready with the prick or a fork – if it comes out without any batter sticking to it, then the dessert is likely cooked and ready to be eaten.